FPGA Design Consultant (full time)
We are continually looking for highly skilled and motivated engineers wishing to expand their skills to come and join the team at Covnetics. We welcome your application to join the business in a dynamic design team working through the entire design cycle from definition, specification, design, implementation and verification. The job will include exposure to all leading vendor FPGA technologies. If you are interested in joining Covnetics please read on and apply directly today.
This is an opportunity to join an established proven ASIC and FPGA RTL design services consultancy set up for the purpose of supporting UK and European OEMs. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic design team working through the entire design cycle from definition and specification, design, implementation and verification; the job will include exposure to all leading vendor FPGA technologies and Tier 1 development processes.
A role of a Design Consultant will involve working alongside Senior Engineers and System Architects and you will be responsible for:
- Analysing requirements, specifying and documenting an FPGA solution and breaking it down into manageable work packages.
- Defining module level architectures, documenting detail into design specifications.
- Converting architectures into RTL whilst considering constraints such as area, speed, power and performance.
- Verification of the RTL at module level and top level.
- Synthesis and timing analysis.
- Power and performance analysis.
- Integration of FPGAs into a target hardware platform.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in relevant engineering degree.
- Excellent knowledge of digital design techniques.
- Proficient in RTL design with coding experience in VHDL or Verilog.
- Proficient in the use of FPGA simulation and synthesis tools.
- Understanding of the FPGA design process.
- Experience with formal verification and timing analysis.
- Must have some direct FPGA design experience.
- Embedded firmware: C.
- Scripting: Perl, TCL, Python.
- Ethernet/packet processing experience or knowledge.
- Understanding of SoC architectures.
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good team working skills but also ability to work independently.
- Approachable with motivating communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Being proactive and bringing ideas to the group.
- Be able to travel to customer sites, full driving licence required.
- Package: Competitive salary, life assurance scheme, 26 days paid holiday (plus public holidays), workplace pension scheme, employee incentive scheme.
- Hybrid, home working is available. During the current COVID 19 situation remote working is available with occasional office working. Going forward hybrid working will be provided
If you’re interested please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference.
No agencies please. No contractors please.